Here are some signs to spot with all kinds of clutter in your home, office AND life.
- Moving a pile OFF of a chair for someone to sit down.
- Shoving everything in a closet or drawer, where you hide IT all away. This is very common according to “out of my sight, out of my mind”.
- Not finding things when you need them is a sign –maybe certain belongings are homeless and crying out to you for a home to live in. ex- If you use them at different places in your house, then buy 3 or 4 different pairs and give each its unique home.
- It takes 3 tries to get out of the house in the morning because you can’t find your keys or other items. Create a landing zone near the door.
- Desks are covered with all the piles of paper and can’t see the surface. Some people pile instead of file.
- There is hardly any open spaces on surfaces in any given room or area in the house.
Ronit, a member of Valley Networking, is a Professional Organizer in the San Fernando Valley. She can be reached at www.seizethespace.com .